BY CATHERINE HINES – STAFF WRITER

This year, Centre College has welcomed back several alums as fellows, where they will continue their professional development as working members of several of the College’s offices. Throughout the upcoming weeks, The Cento will chat with each of the new fellows about their new positions and how it feels to be back on campus.

Alumni and Development Fellow Jocelyn Kantor was an International Relations and Politics double major from Tampa, Florida. Kantor played soccer, was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta and joined the Alumni and Development Office after graduating. She works with Alumni Director Megan Milby, as well as with Assistant to the Annual Fund Krista Rinehart. In addition, she works with the Student Advancement Board and assists with the student-led Phonathon fundraising efforts.

“I truly enjoy my job because I spend my time helping and hoping to improve Centre College,” Kantor said. “As a recent graduate, I am thankful to have the opportunity to support Centre by keeping our alumni happy, and also raising money for the College.”

She sees many benefits that come along with this position. For example, Kantor is able to travel across the country to attend alumni events as well as plan and attend local events.

Kantor chose this position “to gain relevant event planning, marketing, and fundraising skills and experience.”

“In addition, working for your alma mater is extremely rewarding,” she said. “I plan to attend graduate school in the future, but this position seemed like the perfect fit for post-graduation.”

Admissions Fellow Joshua Jerome was a dramatic arts and politics double major from Boston. He was a Posse Scholar and received the Max P. Cavnes Prize, given to the best-loved and most-respected senior man, and the Drama Program Acting Award during last spring’s Honors Convocation.

Joshua works in the Admissions Office, which includes a host of responsibilities including: talking to students and families, travelling, visiting high schools, and reading and reviewing applications.

“I love [my job]! I get to engage young people and encourage them to pursue higher education. It’s not even about whether the choose Centre, it’s about exposing them to the possibilities of a better and brighter future,” Jerome said. “This is the kind of work that allows us to impact lives in a very real way, and you can’t help but let it impact you as well!”

Jerome’s enthusiasm is a perfect fit for the Admissions Office, who work hard to make prospective students feel welcome and to paint a realistic picture of what Centre College is all about.

According to Jerome, the list of perks related to this position is “too much for one edition of the Cento!” Nonetheless, he continued to name a few. He truly enjoys the travelling involved. He is responsible to visiting high schools and college fairs in the Carolinas, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and various parts of Kentucky.

Jerome chose this job because of the great opportunity to give back to his alma mater.

“My work will contribute to Centre’s legacy, and that’s such a rewarding thought! This job is like a never ending adventure, and it’s been awesome so far!” Jerome said.